Aspiring Distiller/Operations Manager

NateKThompson

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Nate Thompson. I recently finished an MBA program at the University of Southern California. My long-term career goal is to open my own distillery. In the meantime, I am looking for an opportunity to work full-time as a production operator and work toward becoming an operations manager to further hone my skillset and continue my education in the industry.

My experience in spirits to date includes a work-study exchange with Hakkaisan Sake Brewery in Niigata, Japan, where my team reviewed the company’s struggling U.S. strategy, ultimately encouraging them to break ties with their current distributor, target fine-dining on-premise accounts, and invest heavily in exporting their shochu portfolio. I then worked for Castle Brands in New York as a summer intern, ostensibly acting as the assistant brand manager for Knappogue Castle and Jefferson’s Bourbon. I primarily worked to create a long-term brand plan for Knappogue 1951, retarget on-premise accounts, establish a sales incentive program, and pitch unorthodox marketing events. Following graduation from USC, I spent several weeks as a production intern at Smooth Ambler Spirits and PA Pure Distilleries to compliment several years of experience as a hobbyist. I have also recently started taking courses in thermodynamics, microbiology, and process mecahnics. Coupled with my graduate coursework and experience as a data analyst, I can assist with everything from mash cooks to sales reporting.

Please take a look at my resume attached, and feel free to reach me at the contact info below if you have any questions. I am temporarily living in Portland, Maine, but willing to relocate. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Nate Thompson

natekthompson@gmail.com

M: (207) 669-2687

Thompson Resume 10-6-2017.docx