Jump to content
ADI Forums
StonesRyan

Wages for production assistant?

Recommended Posts

Hoping that I'm posting in the right place...

I'm hoping for some feedback and suggestions as to a reasonable wage for a production assistant with no experience beyond a 12 month certificate in applied craft brewing (+ ~100 hours as an intern in our distillery) and some home brewing experience. What are others paying folks for what is basically unskilled labor and will require much supervision and additional training in order to eventually be able to manage the various processes and reporting without supervision?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After internship, $10/hr, bump to $12/hr in 6mo, then to $15/hr in 1 yr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bluestar said:

After internship, $10/hr, bump to $12/hr in 6mo, then to $15/hr in 1 yr.

This is shockingly close to what we do. In our experience the luster of distilling wears of in about a year and the realization that it's hard work and long hours settle in. Those that make it to a year at our place are paid $15/hr. + (modest)  incentives.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, indyspirits said:

This is shockingly close to what we do. In our experience the luster of distilling wears of in about a year and the realization that it's hard work and long hours settle in. Those that make it to a year at our place are paid $15/hr. + (modest)  incentives.

 

 

We are both in the midwest, so not surprising it is similar. Could imagine you might have to pay more near major urban areas on the coasts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, guys! Our intern declined the job starting him at $12/hr as he was expecting closer to $30/hr - even after I showed him a job listing for an established brewery offering $14/hr for a head brewer with minimum two years professional experience. Apparently he didn't bother to do much research into the industry pay rates before he decided to pursue a career in brewing/ distilling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, StonesRyan said:

Our intern declined the job starting him at $12/hr as he was expecting closer to $30/hr

Gotta love them millennials!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×