Good day,

I am actively pursuing the opening of a distillery in the upper Midwest. I have been working with Rob Sherman over at Vendome about quoting out a continuous run system. I would love to talk to anyone who has a Vendome continuous run system to see how they like it and if they had it to do over again what would they change.  

Please PM me if you would be willing to have a talk with me.

Thank you,

-Casey

·         Day to day operation in line with what you expected

·         Cleaning the equipment, efficient clean in place

·         Service and support after the sale

·         Setup challenges

·         Happy with the distillate did you have to make any changes to your recipe

·         Estimated operation costs per day

·         Have you experienced unplanned downtime due to equipment failure

·         What does standard maintenance cost in time and dollars

·         Does the automation provide adequate control with the ability to expand monitoring and controls

Good day,

I am planning around  the following setup, which should be the standard Vendome 20 barrel a day setup. 

27 foot copper column with 14 Sieve Trays / Beer Heater / Low Wine Condenser

3-Tray Copper Rectification Section

Copper Doubler

Copper High Wines Condenser & Spirit Safe

Automation controls to include steam, water controls & monitor temp. & pressure. Package includes ABB Digital Recorder unit for exporting data. 

Would love to talk to and visit anyone with an existing setup like this.  

-Casey

I have one, works well. make sure you have a beer well or a way to agitate you mash well before pumping it through the still.

Day to day operation in line with what you expected? yes for the most part

·         Cleaning the equipment, efficient clean in place. No CIP system per say just flush with steam and water caustic eats your copper.

·         Service and support after the sale. fair, could use improvement Rob knows his stuff though.

·         Setup challenges. height and size can be a problem get a foot print drawing and blue print before building something to house the still.

·         Happy with the distillate did you have to make any changes to your recipe. only still I have ran produces nice stuff.

·         Estimated operation costs per day? steam and cooling is the main cost really depends on your local gas and electrical cost.

·         Have you experienced unplanned downtime due to equipment failure. No

·         What does standard maintenance cost in time and dollars. we take about a day per month to inspect and clean.

·         Does the automation provide adequate control with the ability to expand monitoring and controls. I have ABB controllers not the big touch screen it works but you have to baby sit it it defiantly is not a set it and forget it.

you can email me critt77matt@yahoo.com

https:m.facebook.com/cdwhiskey/