Bourbon and rye for sale, 53g barrels

Hello, I have some extra barrels floating around I'd like to get rid of. All of them are 53 gallons.

8- Rye 2 years old as of November 2017 asking $2750  (95% rye/ 5%malted barley)

13 - barrels Bourbon will be 2 years old Feb-24-2018 asking $2500  (60%corn/36%rye / 4%malted barley)

Asking for prices shown or best offer for multi barrels. 

Please call 515-559-4879

Joseph@coppercross.com

On 12/11/2017 at 9:13 PM, Dehner Distillery said:

I know the char is a #4.

The quality is outstanding! I can say that. To me how it taste would seem like the very most important question.

These are two great whiskeys here, ready to go to a good home.

Thank you.

So did you distill these barrels on site? An answer like that makes it sound like they are sourced barrels that you brought in and never used. 

Are you looking for some bourbon or rye? I looking to move my extra since it is 2 years old rye and 22 month bourbon.

Looking to sell at a great deal.

If your buying Product from another distillery it really does not matter where it comes from, correct?

This is some very good product! Samples upon request.

Please call or send an e-mail. 

515-559-4879

joseph@dehnerdistillery.com

thanks for all the great questions...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2017 at 10:46 PM, MGL said:

Who cares where it comes from? How does it taste? How much does it cost?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm in business to make money.

Quoting this again because who cares where it comes from?

Some people want to make money. Other people want to distill everything from scratch.  I don't troll those who have a different business plan.

Well a lot of people trying to run off with my for sale listing. I think they must be chatting about how great the quality is.

I am selling some great tasting bourbon now 23 months old. $2000 per 53 gallon barrel

Also, some super great Rye Whiskey that is 2year and 3 months old. $2100 per 53 gallon barrel

Some people are selling whiskey on this forum for $60 per gallon, get it way cheaper here. Super Duper quality, top shelf!

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2018 at 2:10 PM, Still_Holler said:

Do you think enzymes affect positively or negatively?

It may matter for export.  It may matter for the purchaser.  For example, if I am buying a car I don't think it is uncalled for to inquire if someone has smoked inside or how regular the service was.  Some people just like to do due-diligence when sourcing products - especially when it's a fairly common question from customers. 

10 hours ago, nabtastic said:

It may matter for export.  It may matter for the purchaser.  For example, if I am buying a car I don't think it is uncalled for to inquire if someone has smoked inside or how regular the service was.  Some people just like to do due-diligence when sourcing products - especially when it's a fairly common question from customers. 

It seems like a reasonable question to me.  I use enzymes and am fairly new to distilling, so I am trying to learn whether it has a negative impact on the final product (either perceived or actual) .  Would you say the customers that ask are turned off by the fact it has liquid enzymes added to the mash?

3 hours ago, Still_Holler said:

It seems like a reasonable question to me.  I use enzymes and am fairly new to distilling, so I am trying to learn whether it has a negative impact on the final product (either perceived or actual) .  Would you say the customers that ask are turned off by the fact it has liquid enzymes added to the mash?

I had same grainbills with and without enzymes and blind tasting non enzyme always wins in my group of tasters. But just may be us. I say why use them when you don't have to

I can't answer one way or the other on the flavor contributions of exogenous enzymes, although it seems intuitive that there would be a difference.  It hasn't seemed like the customers really care that much as long as your honest about it. The times that it has been brought up in my company, I got the impression they were more interested in either appearing as an educated consumer than what the actual impact might be or out of pure curiosity.