Corson Distilling

Hollow Spirits

We are in the process of opening a distillery in Albuquerque, NM and ordered a  400 gal Corson system.   We have started to see a lot of negative articles come out about Corson since we made the down payment and we were curious if those were rare occurrences or if its the norm.  Can you please contact me with any negative or positive experiences with Corson. 

Thank you

Frank Holloway

(505)550-1144

Frank@HollowSpirits.com

• Thumbs up 1

Do a forum search and you will find a lot of negative reviews on this forum..... they seem like great people when Ive met them at the expo but from what I've read they seem over stretched and way behind on lead times and they haven't corrected their estimated time frames..... Good luck!

• Thumbs up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2017 at 2:28 PM, SlickFloss said:

they seem like great people when Ive met them at the expo but from what I've read they seem over stretched and way behind on lead times and they haven't corrected their estimated time frames..... Good luck!

That is a very generous interpretation based on my experience and those of other distilleries I have spoken with. Lies about how long the still would take to complete were the tip of the iceberg for most cases that I have looked into.

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2017 at 12:28 PM, SlickFloss said:

Do a forum search and you will find a lot of negative reviews on this forum..... they seem like great people when Ive met them at the expo but from what I've read they seem over stretched and way behind on lead times and they haven't corrected their estimated time frames..... Good luck!

Thank you for your response.   I've seen a lot of the negative comments I was just hoping those were rare instances.  It seems like those instances are starting to be the majority of reviews though.  

2 hours ago, Oregon Spirit Distillers said:

We bought a 800 gallon fermentor from Corson.  It was a little later then anticipated but the communicated well and the fermentor seems to be working well.  For the price I have to say Corson worked out for us.

Thank you.  I was hoping to hear at least one positive comment.   How long ago did you get your still?

16 hours ago, captnKB said:

You are being sarcastic right?  I have spoken to and worked with several of Corson's customers concerning their issues with Corson's bubble plate columns flooding.  After studying those columns closely, it is my professional opinion that those columns have several design flaws that both limit throughput and cause flooding issues.   I have helped 2 of Corson's customers resolve the flooding issues, but they are still having issues with really slow throughput and the only way that I can see to resolve the slow throughput issue is to cut the columns apart and replace the plates.   

@HedgeBirdyep that is the link. @Southernhighlander yes that is complete deadpan sarcasm from me.

Corson equipment is CRAP with a capital P.

A distillery I worked with bought a 100 gal corson system about 1 year ago and it was leaky, filmsy and so poorly built that it was unsafe to operate.

On 12/19/2017 at 9:53 PM, captnKB said:

Corson equipment is CRAP with a capital P.

A distillery I worked with bought a 100 gal corson system about 1 year ago and it was leaky, filmsy and so poorly built that it was unsafe to operate.

I hear you CaptnKB.

What a huge disappointment for the distillery owners!

Yeah I really want to help any folks new to the industry avoid  from falling into the the corson trap. There are so many good still/ equipment manufactures ive worked with over the years and corson is not one of them

• Thumbs up 1