DTC Shipping to District of Columbia?

Allan

Near as I can tell, DTC to Washington DC is allowed if volume is less than 1 case per month per consumer, subject to delivery via common carrier such as FedEx, and things like age verification. In other words, no license or permits are required. 

Anyone shipping DTC to consumers in the district that can confirm this for me? 

Thanks, 

AD

• 1 month later...

Update to for our friendly community in case you're wondering the same:

DC Law allows for DTC (direct-to-consumer) shipping to individuals within the district (from outside the district), with a limit of 1 case per individual per month. The code is a little confusing to read, but it is as it sounds:

1) Must be delivered to person 21+

2) Must be delivered by authorized common-carrier (FedEX/UPS etc. Generally, those carriers want you to have an account with them, use special shipping labels, etc)

3) Must be from federally licensed wholesaler/manufacturer (and/or, I'm guessing, retailer - but seeing how most of us are probably wholesalers/manufacturers, probably an irrelevant side-note)

Exciting tidbits according to DC abc ("abra"):

1) No reporting is due to DC abc

2) No tax is due to DC abc

According to my understanding:

Sales are considered direct-from-bond (if your state requires wholesale reports, this is where they'd go - otherwise, the only interested party is the TTB - make sure they get their tax on bond removal). So if you're in a control state like I am, then I get to keep 100% of proceeds (minus FET)...as opposed to the 50%+ that usually goes to the state coffers. Woop Woop.