ADI Forums
Huffy2k

ACSA Convention

I'd love to walk the show to talk to vendors but not for $600.  To bad they don't have a floor only admission like ADI.

Same as Thatch. I'm less than 10 minutes from the Convention Center & $600 is way too much just to check it out. 

For those that do come check out Butcher & Rye (Whiskey bar, walkable to convention center) and Hidden Harbor (Tiki bar, a little further out, Uber or Taxi it). If you have any questions on what to do in the city Huffy2k or I can answer those questions. Tons of stuff to do outside of the convention. 

• Thanks 1

Butcher and the Rye is a must stop while in Pittsburgh!  Pittsburgh has become a real food/drink mecca over the last few years, in downtown alone you can go to Proper Brick Oven, a real craft beer/spirits hot spot, the usual assortment of steak houses (Morton's, Ruth Chris, Red), Pork N Beans, Meat N Potato's, Tako, and more.  Also, if anyone has a car and feels like making a 30 minute drive south, we'd be happy to show ya'll around our distillery.

• Thanks 1

His distillery is awesome. The Tasting room alone is worth the trip. And he and his family are really nice people. And he's not even paying me to say that. :)

• Thanks 1

$600 is bullshit  considering what you get for it (read: nothing new). Are there any "offsite" gatherings planned? I'd certainly come for that. 

I've suggested to them to offer a vendor floor pass but it's difficult to segregate the floor pass holders from the full convention passes. Breakout sessions, breakfast, lunches etc included in the full convention pass so it would difficult to monitor attendance. $600 pretty much in line with other conventions no?

Haven't heard of any off-site gatherings other than the Monday night tasting event which will be open to guests as well as attendees.

10 hours ago, Huffy2k said:

$600 pretty much in line with other conventions no?

Nope, ADI has a $150 floor pass.  So, the vendors suffer because the organizers did not have the foresight to plan for a floor pass.  Very sad.  Many people attend trade shows with no other purpose other then talking to vendors.  Vendors do trade shows so they can see as many potential buyers as possible.  Not sure how the organizers have missed this point.  A colored bar on the badge (assuming paper) in a badge holder is the way the rest of the world does it.  Red for floor only, green for conferences.

1 hour ago, Captain Tom said:

We are not going but would have if a floor pass had been offered.

I'm with you 100% on this.