ADI Forums

So, I'm just a couple months away from production and need to start on my label design.  Did you guys do for your first label design?  I've got some ideas and have seen what's required on the label, but don't really know where to start for the design.

I would highly recommend going to a creative agency for your label design. It's typically not cheap however, your label is the #1 thing that will get a random customer to buy your bottle over someone else's. If everything else in your business plan is done well, the money spent will pay for itself many many times over. We used Shinebox Creative in Minneapolis http://shinebox.com/ (our branding will be the first thing you see. Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with then in any way, we're just a customer they get to have a lot of fun with).

Take a look at a couple big brand bottles and take note of the similarities. Beyond that, read the regulation on label. It's very basic, but there's some do's and don'ts that you want to be sure you get right.

Design contest dot com.  Used it for our logo and first label.  Let's you get a lot of different artists for a reasonable price.