ADI Forums
Lorenzo

Distillery Controls

Hi All,

I’m shopping controls for my system, and not having much luck with response from a recommended source, I’m seeking a basic semi automated set of controls that would be intergrated with the agitators, cip pump,steam,, dephlegmator, and temp read outs for condenser coolant,column vapors etc.

Oh, and mash tun water pre-heat would be nice.......so how are most of you guys controlling your distillation systems, anyone care to share? Did you purchase a complete system maybe from the company I haven’t be able to contact.? Or build your own? 

I have been told that I have to spend big bucks, I don’t see that, steam valves, temp probes, nematode 4 cabinets are very reasonable online but I do not have the skills to use them 😄

Any help greatly appreciated !  

Lorenzo

Im old school, nearly everything on my stills are manually controlled, with all the valves and switches centrally located. Less stuff to go wrong or fail on you. 

With that said ive set up custom control panels can be built by electricans or HVAC guys that can control all your stuff. It can get complicated though as your valves are likely going to be installed by a separate tradesman, than the person who will be setting up the controls for the valves

Hey Lorenzo,

I can help you out. We built our own and are currently automating our entire process, including stills. Feel free to shoot me an email at adam.stumpf at stumpysspirits.com

Cheers!

Adam

We made our own controls as well.  Most everything we do is manual except for automatic shut-offs.  It's hard to automate things like cuts as it is dependent on taste and varies with how well the mash went.