Big Fish?

Checking in to see if anyone has had experience (good or bad) with Big Fish as a retailer for their spirits. They've been hitting us hot and heavy with solicitations and per their website I see a lot of familiar names listed. https://www.bfspirits.com

Legit? Scam? Somewhere in between? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-J

This certainly doesn't seem compelling:

As we sit today, our products are readily available exclusively in the state of Illinois with plans of expansion across the country and abroad. Stay tuned!

On 6/9/2018 at 3:03 PM, jessicajlemmon said:

Checking in to see if anyone has had experience (good or bad) with Big Fish as a retailer for their spirits. They've been hitting us hot and heavy with solicitations and per their website I see a lot of familiar names listed. https://www.bfspirits.com

Legit? Scam? Somewhere in between? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-J

We also have been hit up by them. I have not signed up with them, and don't think i will.

I don't know them, other than that they are retailer in a far west suburb of Chicago. What I find interesting is that they do not carry any craft distillers manufacturing in Illinois. Since any of those would be easily obtained by purchasing from their distributors, and do not require permission to do so from the distillery, it suggests their business model may be oriented around selling brands not otherwise distributed in the state. That a retailer can deliver items purchased from them in the state of Illinois is something I had heard was true, although I have not verified myself with the ILCC. I don't know if the retailer can act also as their own importing distributor in Illinois, if so, it could be a very profitable approach, and would explain why no Illinois distillers are listed, but I would have to research that.  It would seem to violate the otherwise fairly strictly enforced three-tier system in Illinois.

• 1 month later...

Pre-canned emails. Aggressive (unsolicited) phone calls (almost as many calls in past month as yelp, if that tells you anything). 

Hey. Some people swear by yelp. I've yet to speak with anyone that I know personally who does. But same goes for BigFish. 

Probably legit. Not something I want to touch with a 10 foot pole.