New DSP :) Software Recommendations?

HI - 

I work for a local DSP in Lexington, KY and we have completely outgrown our method of tracking. We are currently using excel and QuickBooks. As many of you know QB does not support batch processing. With the help of Dave Dunbar I have been able to accurately file our TTB records but we need a more sophisticated method of tracking beyond QB. 

Does anyone have any experience with OrchestratedSPIRITS? I am highly considering going with this software as it will be able to track batch processing and eliminate QB as it supports our accounting needs. 

I do not like Distillery Solutions or Whiskey Solutions it can not support our accounting needs without making redundant inputs for invoicing and bill payment. 

Does anyone have any experience with this software?? Any Cons?

UPDATE: 

After much research we decided to go with Orchestrated Spirits. I have been using it for over a year now and its been spectacular! I am able to easily record all the processing and production operations in minutes. The CFO and accounting team find that this is option works best for mapping all of the batch processing that QB wasn't able to record. 

I am still learning how to nail down all the MRP and TTB reporting options within the software but so far this has been the most superior product I've used.

we use distillery solutions and are pleased with it. Have not used orchestrated spirits as I could not justify the price of it. We went with Distillery Solutions to partially integrate our brewery with our distillery. 

Integrating quick books with other programs can be tricky as it has the potential to cause double entries on your books. Not sure if orchestrated has a solution to this problem, but id check before i drop the cash and put in the many hours it takes to start up a new ERP.

• Thumbs up 1

22 hours ago, Pepper1776 said:

I do not like Distillery Solutions or Whiskey Solutions it can not support our accounting needs without making redundant inputs for invoicing and bill payment. 

Using Hoochware and QuickBooks online.  I dont have them integrated, but just use Hoochware for production and TTB reporting and QuickBooks for accounting.  Works okay for us. 

Getting a distillery specific product with enough accounting functionality to replace QuickBooks seems optimistic.

Of the ones we looked at, Hoochware looked the most promising and economical. But when we went to do a trial, we realized it did not track everything we were already tracking in our own house-developed Filemaker Database with Quickbooks used for accounting and inventory costing. But we did note that the developer seemed very open to adding features, and it might always be that it can do now some of things it was missing when we looked at it. Meanwhile, we keep building up our own.

• Thumbs up 1

• 8 months later...

Five x Solutions gets my vote.  While I've only used one other, Hoochware, Five x is head and shoulders above that.

That said, I have not eliminated qb.  I never actually considered doing that.  I don't think I want my offsite bookkeeper messing around in my distillery tracking software.  

• Thumbs up 1