Windshield Washing Fluid

Has any one ever taken their heads or fore-shots, mixed with water, soap and a little simple green to make a windshield cleaning solution that would be freeze protected? May be a great way to dispose of it. Coop

HAH! funny you mention this.. i was just thinking about posting a similar question..

I just went through one whole washer vessel full of Gin heads... and just refilled it with some 182 proof rum heads.

My only concern is that the high proof alcohol is prematurely fadind the black plastic/paint that surrounds the windshield and the top of my trunk. Sure does smell nice though rolling down the road... plus if you pass a cow farm it smells WAY better. lol

I was under the impression that bonding paperwork and areas would need to be adjusted/modified to store the heads once they have been given new "not for consumption" purpose. Seemed like more hassle than it was worth for a side project, but curious what others think on this too.

I have never saw any location to indicate how much Heads, (acetone)was taken from the alcohol. Only records for the good stuff that you use. Coop

According to my agent, if it's dumped down the drain (watered down and approved by the sewer people), it just needs to be gauged and a record kept. If it's pulled off the premises in anyway, that's a whole different set of problems. What's been your experience?

• 10 months later...

I agree with Classick. It does smell very nice. I put some rye heads in the washer tank.

In the winter when the fumes get sucked in through the heater they smell delicious. The nasty smelling fraction of the heads must have flashed off before entering the heater.

I am keeping my windscreen cleaner, but that is because I like the smell.

Don't know what the cops would think if I got pulled over for a breath test