Pallets not Truckloads

Just wondering if there is anyone selling decanter style bottles with a cork finish by the pallet. We are hoping to buy 1-3 pallets at a time every month or so, or if we can get a truckload and have them warehoused with monthly orders and be billed as we use could also be an option. I have tried the usual suspects listed on the forum and all seem to have container quantiy requirements. Has anyone got the answer? I really can't tie up 60-90 grand in bottles.

• 4 months later...
Have you tried China? www.alibaba.com is for chinese manufacturers what amazon.com is for books.

China isn't really a relaible source for safe or even reliable products. Not buying American while trying to sell products to Americans who don't have jobs isn't really a viable long term economic model.

China isn't really a relaible source for safe or even reliable products. Not buying American while trying to sell products to Americans who don't have jobs isn't really a viable long term economic model.

Do you know of any U.S. glass manufacturers? I can only find Europe and Asia.

Do you know of any U.S. glass manufacturers? I can only find Europe and Asia.

We spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure out our bottle. We looked all over, including China via alibaba.com. Posting a request for info, at the time, had 5 responses with in 12 hours, all offering to make and ship the bottles to me. We did not go with China in the end, but they are a force that is present in this global economy, and they also make a lot of the stuff we already use...Wal Mart?

Anyway, we also explored an American manufacturer down in NJ, near where i grew up. At the time, we were inquiring into a custom bottle, and their minimum order was 120,000 units (pure truckloads not pallets). Their contact info is below if you are looking for an American manufacturer who will at least entertain the idea of making a custom bottle for a small scale customer. Most every American glass manufacturers seem to be into lab wear and Boston style bottles...

http://www.leoneindustries.com/

Leone Industries

443 South East Avenue

P.O. Box 400

Bridgeton, NJ 08302

Sales :

Phone : 856-455-2001

Fax : 856-455-1905

Email : sales@leoneglass.com

Corporate :

Phone : 856-455-2000

Fax : 856-455-3491

Email : corporate@leoneglass.com

…There are very few players in North America for private moulds!...especially in small runs.

Our minimum run for a private mould is 30,000 units (that’s a container of 20 pallets)

Cost of mould 15,000$ US all in!...onetime fee.

Average cost per bottle for a 550gr. would play around +- 1$ FOB east coast.

The glass is manufactured in South America or Europe so we’re speaking of a reliable source, good quality and good working conditions.

• 7 months later...
Just wondering if there is anyone selling decanter style bottles with a cork finish by the pallet. We are hoping to buy 1-3 pallets at a time every month or so, or if we can get a truckload and have them warehoused with monthly orders and be billed as we use could also be an option. I have tried the usual suspects listed on the forum and all seem to have container quantiy requirements. Has anyone got the answer? I really can't tie up 60-90 grand in bottles.

We looked at the Couronne Company in Texas for a while. We ended up not using them, but they seem to have good customer service and you can buy any quantity glass, even by the case.

Also try Universal Specialties Inc. They're a one stop shop and can work out pallet orders.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick addition to this thread...

Owens-Illinois was kind enough to send Dave Waldock to speak at the recent ADI Distilling Class. Dave spoke about the bottle manufacturing process. He had each of us vote on some of their designs in order to select the 6 or 8 styles that O-I will make available in small lots. It was clear that small-lot indeed meant that O-I would keep the styles available for immediate delivery, but the minimums may be in the "several pallet" range...simply due to shipping expense. Dave can be reached at 905-319-3997

Bruni Glass (Bruniglass.com) keeps a small handfull of bottle styles in stock in single pallet minimums specifically for the convenience of ADI members...for immediate delivery. Single Pallet minimums offered at 1000 unit pricing. Leonardo Mocci can be reached at 877-278-6445.

CalGlass (Calglass.com) has one or two spirit bottles, and their $500 minimum is in the less-than-a-pallet range. All items usually in stock.

Will