Used ASD Experimental 150 Gallon Still and Mash Tun Set

We are sizing up (yaay!) and are parting ways with our workhorse Artisan Still Design 150 column-hybrid still and it's matching Mash cooker. Both are steam powered and are in awesome shape.

We are proud regional representatives for ASD and we're the test site for this experimental model. It is, and Steven Cage can sharpen this description if you ask him, basically the test version of the 2013/2014 column hybrid lineup.

This is a turnkey setup. We're selling the still, the mash tun and all the controllers. It's a freaking awesome setup.

The still:

Steam jacketed, 150 gallon charge.

4 plate solid copper column, each tray has 5 bubble caps.

Deflegamater WITH automated defleg controller and valves

See-thru condenser (looks absolutely beautiful)

Kettle has a light, new agitator and mount from Mixers Direct. INCLUDES VFD for the motor (220v single or three phase is ok)

Kettle has onion style head and is solid copper

Bottom 4" drain, 1.5" thru wall temp probe

The Mash cooker:

Steam powered, matched for size with the still (150 gallons)

Open top for ease of cleaning, adding grain and letting off heat. I happen to love this design

Bottom 4" drain

1.5" thru wall temp probe

1.5 HP agitator with VF Drive for controlling the motor (220v single or three phase is ok)

Oversized, custom made agitator paddles strong enough for mixing cement if you feel it necessary

Any folks that know how we operate will know this gear is well cared for. Our gear is immaculate, passivated, tight and sound. There are zero defects. Zero. This kit will last several more lifetimes, so in my estimation, it's as good as new.

It is a steal at $60,000 FOB. That's right, both the still and the mash cooker are $60,000 total. FOB means if you want it shipped, that’s extra. Wanna come see it in action? No problem, talk to Farmer. Wanna take a couple days to come and work on it while it's still pumping out spirit? Why not? We like the company.

Contact farmer@sixandtwentydistillery.com for details. No equipment agents or re-sellers, please. This deal is meant to spread some good ASD karma to the small guys. Cheers!

post-1447-0-51359500-1412604854_thumb.jp

post-1447-0-00043300-1412604873_thumb.jp

post-1447-0-80406900-1412604902_thumb.jp

post-1447-0-27093600-1412604928_thumb.jp

What are you sizing up to? That still has made some fine spirits.. You are gonna miss it... well you might miss it till you start runniing the new one.

Congrats on the upsize.

Dave R

We're ramping up to a 300 gallon still and you're right, we're gonna miss it. Ruby 2. It made some award winning spirtis at the ADI Conference this year and last.

Caustic followed by an appropriate acid.

if you do a mild passivisation after every run, you'll never need to worry about it.

Hot PBW, wash with clean water then Acid #5. its mild enough to do after every run. and simple enough to be part of your regular cleaning schedule.

its not necessary to do after every run, but the extra care does show in how clean your equipment is, and how easy it is to clean.

if you passivate only every couple months, you will want a stronger caustic and Nitric Acid.

Just to sharpen Steven's point: we do a caustic/water/acid/water clean cycle every run, from parrot to boiler and throughout the mash cooker. We're just careful about scale buildup and preventative maintenance. The standard in our shop is, if we cant show it off to guests as immaculate, we aren't doing it well enough.

And on the open top mash tank, we've found it much easier to work with than a closed vessel. Easier to manually clean, maintain, add grains/ingredients to, and deal with heat dissipation. It just works better, we feel.

We fabricated our own CIP pump system and slapped it on a cart. It's absurdly simple, but it works great. And no, it aint for sale as we're kind of fond of it and you can make one yourself for less than the cost to ship ours. Ask me nicely and I'll post a pic.

We fabricated our own CIP pump system and slapped it on a cart. It's absurdly simple, but it works great. And no, it aint for sale as we're kind of fond of it and you can make one yourself for less than the cost to ship ours. Ask me nicely and I'll post a pic.

Pretty please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...