Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

1,708 profile views

tndistilling's Achievements


Contributor (2/3)



  1. 57 of the IFC does not apply but it appears that the new Chapter 40 does.
  2. It appears that the IBC now says specifically that barrel storage is not an H occupancy but is an S2 if it complies with Chapter 40 of the IFC. Chapter 40 was a reserved chapter but now is for Distilled Spirits Storage and has some specific requirements. My city uses the 2018 code but this appears to clear up the Barrel exemption in the Fire Code and the IBC which didn't have it. I'm just asking if anyone else has dealt with this yet.
  3. I apologize if there is another thread on this topic. If there is please refer me to it. I see some significant changes to the 2021 IBC and IFC concerning spirits storage and Occupancy Classification. Am I right? IFC Chapter 40, IBC 307.11, IBC 311.2, 311.3, IFC 903 Mike
  4. Does anyone "ferment-on-the-grain" when making malt whisky?
  5. I thought you were talking about much larger volumes.
  6. Get the FET paid before any bottled product leaves your bonded premises. Set up an escrow account and have the Government's money wired there in order to keep it segregated from your operating account. Set clear terms on accounts receivable and don't let them get behind, whether bottling or just distilling. If bottling make sure that all the packaging materials you are receiving are on premise before you start. Unless you are set up for R&D have the customer do it and tell you exactly what they want. Have them sign off on formula and sample. Do what they tell you to do instead of doing the R&D and giving advice. You don't want to be tweaking a formula forever. And you don't want to hear, "if you made it better, it would have sold better."
  7. Does anyone have any experience with what physical restrictions that a physician might place on a distiller while she is pregnant? Obviously, there are the basics, i.e. lifting etc.. I am specifically wondering about vapor exposure. I have an HR consultant so I'm not asking about legal exposure or requirements.
  8. Talk to Custom Industrial Service, Inc. Keith Burgess kburgesscis@bellsouth.net 931-359-7742 He has done the controls for 2 distilleries for me.
  9. If I were building a warehouse to store whiskey barrels, what is the maximum size that the IBC will allow it to be built? Assume construction type llB and occupancy H3. I have plenty of consultants but I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has run into a maximum warehouse size before.
  10. Get some software. Well worth it.
  11. We are selling our Russell-Finex Liquid Solid Seperator. It runs about 35 gallons per minute. Currently in service and working fine. We are rearranging our operation and it doesn't fit anymore. We paid $36,000. For sale for $20,000. Mike 615-275-7240 mwilliams@tndistilling.com
  12. You are going to need a non resident seller permit from the ABC, then get a distributor, then register your product with the Department of Revenue. You will have to tell the Department of Revenue who your distributor is when you register the brand.
  13. Shoot me an email and a resume with a phone number. Mwilliams@tndistilling.com
  • Create New...