Any experience with No Limits Packaging Systems?

barristerandbrewer

• 1 year later...

I am curious if anyone has had experience with No Limits Packaging? We ordered a bottling line from them many weeks ago and still haven't seen anything. I know that covid is playing a role with supply chain delays but we are currently more than 5x the stated delivery time. Has anyone else dealt with them?

Yes, Edwin built our filler, corker and accumulation table a couple of years ago.  I even flew down twice to check on the process.  It took around 5 months. Small shop, hard working staff and great products. Over the past we have tweaked a couple of things (replace the hoses on the filler) and also reprogrammed the corker (all we paid was shipping down for the new controller) so it now runs at 840 bottles per hour and we love it. What we designed was a very small foot print line that fits in a 12x11 alcove and did I mention it runs at 840 bottles per hour.  

The take aways:  Great quality, clean design, clever guy, user-friendly, great price. On the down side his shop is busy and overhead low so it takes a bit to receive the ordered goods.  Sometimes a day or three goes by without a return call but you do get the call and when connected questions are solved and answered quite well.  

So, would I buy in the future?  Most definitely!  We have chatted on the design of a auto bottle waxer and he is able  to build it for us.  But for now it’s still heat shrinks. 

I imagine this Covid thing is probably wreaking havoc on his business just like everyone else in the world.  Have you given him a call or email to discuss?

On 7/9/2020 at 8:04 AM, Sudzie said:

I imagine this Covid thing is probably wreaking havoc on his business just like everyone else in the world.  Have you given him a call or email to discuss?

Sudzie -  Thanks for getting back. The system that Edwin is doing for us is very similar to yours. I try to check in every couple weeks or so but he can take several days to respond. But he does respond most of the time. Unfortunately, we have been waiting for explosion proof motors for about 8 weeks. I'm still hopeful that we will get the machine this summer.

• 3 months later...

We finally got a quote from them but it took several weeks. Had 1 question and got no response. How busy do you have to be to generate a quote or answer one question? Equipment might be good but these red flags lead me to find another solution. Being busy is no excuse. We are all busy.

1 hour ago, sandytoes said:

As a follow-up. There was a big delay in getting us our equipment and the communication was lacking. That said, I love the machine. We have basically the same setup as Wiggly Bridge and it is fantastic.

Good to hear. If you get a chance please post a video of operation. One issue we have is the orientation of the bottles for labels. Not sure their label set up will do that.

2 hours ago, sandytoes said:

We do our labeling by hand with a AP362 so I may not be much help on that one. I am happy to post up a video of it running though. I think @Sudzieuses painted bottles but maybe they can comment also.

We’re ink on glass on all of our products.  We do hand apply a small label on our Agave’s along with the ink. 

• Thumbs up 1

7 hours ago, dwhuff said:

We finally got a quote from them but it took several weeks. Had 1 question and got no response. How busy do you have to be to generate a quote or answer one question? Equipment might be good but these red flags lead me to find another solution. Being busy is no excuse. We are all busy.

Well when your out straight you are smart to slow taking quotes. NoLimits is a small shop doing great works and every time I went to the shop they were busting at the seems.  A business running at maximum production with low overhead. It’s what built our great country and now every wants Amazon prime with dollar store pricing. 🤯  Price,Quality, Service you can only get two. I chose price and quality and excepted a long production time and would do it again in a snap. 

20 hours ago, sandytoes said:

We do our labeling by hand with a AP362 so I may not be much help on that one. I am happy to post up a video of it running though. I think @Sudzieuses painted bottles but maybe they can comment also.

We use the same thing. Have for 9 years. We use 2 of them and have a lot of labor costs to get everything labeled. They do a nice job though. We have needed to automate the bottling for several years but haven't pulled the trigger.

17 hours ago, Sudzie said:

Well when your out straight you are smart to slow taking quotes. NoLimits is a small shop doing great works and every time I went to the shop they were busting at the seems.  A business running at maximum production with low overhead. It’s what built our great country and now every wants Amazon prime with dollar store pricing. 🤯  Price,Quality, Service you can only get two. I chose price and quality and excepted a long production time and would do it again in a snap. 

We get it, you think No Limits is the best bottling line manufacturer on the planet. Is your experience the same experience anyone else has had with them? I haven't heard from anyone who shares your opinion. If they are so busy I would think they would have a lot of systems out there so it would seem logical someone else might chime in.

• 4 months later...