Liqueur Thickening

Red Pine

I'm curious what those of you who make liqueurs use to thicken it to get a satisfactory mouth feel? I'm happy with the sweetness so I don't want to continue to just dump sugar in. Any and all input and suggestions are welcome! Thanks everyone

It depends on the type of product you are trying to make. If this is a simple compound product of artificial flavors in gns than your flavor company can consult with you on texture additives that won't compete with your flavors. There are also natural botanical options if you are doing more of a craft product. Gum Arabic, as mentioned, is one of many solutions for you. I do not do research for people though, but I will throw you a bone. The term many herbalists would use is "Demulcency", there is info out there, especially if you can get access to EBSCO host or similar. 

Good luck.

Glenlyon - Thanks! I hadn't come across Xanthan Gum in my online searches.

SlickFloss - It's a fruit liqueur I make in house. Pick the fruit, boil it down to a syrup. I appreciate the info, I'm just trying to get an idea of what people are using. I've come across cornstarch, gelatin, agar agar, arrowroot, glycerine, and now the 2 that Glenlyon mentioned. I'll probably end up get a little of each one and trying out to see what I like best.

• 2 weeks later...