Best Labeler for the $

I’m looking for your experienced opinion here. We are currently bottling by hand and it’s, uh, “getting out of hand!” What Labeler do you use and what has your experience been? (Good and bad, I know nothing is perfect in our world!) Would you recommend your labeler or another one? Thanks!

I've got this one for sale right now. Love it. Been running it since 2015. We run the Jersey and California bottles from Piramal (round). Only reason for selling is because we are moving to a fully automated line.

It all depends what your budget is. There are good options from $1k to $50k

For around $1-2k you can get a Primera AP362, which is a rock solid labeler, but it does have it's limitations.

19 hours ago, Skaalvenn said:

It all depends what your budget is. There are good options from $1k to $50k

For around $1-2k you can get a Primera AP362, which is a rock solid labeler, but it does have it's limitations.

Agreed. Fine for round bottles, you need enough traction on top/bottom of label to keep bottle properly rotating.

• 1 year later...

Doodle Sasser - for a $1K-2K solution, I would recommend a Bottle-Matic by Dispensa-Matic. Very fast and will label both sides of your bottle if needed. It will also handle your 750ml as well as your 50ml round bottles.  Many distilleries and wineries use this Labeler.

If you want any additional information please ask - I'd be glad to help.

crusystems.com

Steve

Check out the Benchmax.  It is relatively expensive for a semi automatic, but it operates as smooth as (what I imagine) a Rolls Royce.  It is far superior to the bottle-matic I used, and cursed at, for years.  The bottle-matic is the reason I switched to a single label design from a front and back, it constantly fucked up.