Tuesday Morning Insurance Tidbit - Insurance Premium Payments

InsuranceMan

Good day to you wonderful ADI’ers,

In this installment of the TMIT, I am going to keep things short and sweet.  As this pandemic wreaks havoc upon our world daily and forces us to change many of our day-to-day activities, it is important to keep up with and stay fluid in regard to many different aspects of our lives.  A few weeks back it was the battle to have insurance companies allow for the sale or donation of hand sanitizer.  ***** Quick update to that as well, Philadelphia Insurance Companies has come out and stated the following on this topic: 

”We can now confirm coverage for distilleries manufacturing and selling hand sanitizer, provided they’re selling the hand sanitizer at cost.  So, our updated statement is that

We can confirm coverage if certain conditions are met:

·                  The insured does not have a contract to manufacture hand sanitizer for any entity.  If a contract exists, we first need to review the contract before we can confirm coverage.

·                  The hand sanitizer is sold “at cost”

·                  There are no warranties or guarantees for any products.

·                  If a communicable disease exclusion is not present on the policy, we need to add it in order to confirm coverage.

·                  Adherence to WHO controls as outlined by the website: https://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/Guide_to_Local_Production.pdf  *****

So, good news there.  This has been something I have been working on for quite some time.  Anyway, now the big battle is that folks are having difficulty making ends meet during these crazy times.  Not being open or able to sell goods, products, or services is an economic impact that truly knows no bounds.  How are people to pay ongoing bills without the ability to sell things, go to work and make money, and on and on.  It is getting tough out there for many.  That is where I, InsuranceMan 2.0!!! am here to come to the rescue.  I promised “them” that I would not say who “they” are, but I have worked with many different insurance companies over the last few days to come up with some viable solutions during this worldwide emergency.

With that said, if you are struggling with finances currently I would suggest reaching out to your insurance company, not necessarily your agent, but the actual underwriting company, and more specifically the BILLING DEPARTMENT, and let them know you are having some financial issues.  Chances are that they will allow you to reduce your March and April payments, or possibly even skip them altogether without fear of cancellation.  YES, IT IS TRUE!!!  You very well may be able to make a small payment or none at all through until the month of May.

Again, this is an ever-changing situation and that is why this is being offered until May for many carriers at this time.  Dependent upon how long this all lasts will determine if this offer is potentially extended.  Do yourselves a favor though, check into this and see if your carrier is offering this assistance at this time.  Any little bit helps, and I am always here, on the front lines watching out for you.  It’s just what insurance-superhero’s do.  Until Next Time, Dear Reader …

Stay Vigilant,

Aaron Linden

a.k.a.  InsuranceMan 2.0!!!

(307)752-5961

aaron@roaringforkins.com      or     insuranceman2.0@yahoo.com