Threads on an old milk tank valve

stevenstone

I'm trying to find some fittings for a valve on an old milk tank. I can't seem to find what standard they are. Does anyone recognize the standard from this photo?

It's a coarse pitch and the threads are flat.

Regards,

Steven

Sound Spirits

post-90-128111633334_thumb.jpg

I'm trying to find some fittings for a valve on an old milk tank. I can't seem to find what standard they are. Does anyone recognize the standard from this photo?

Regards,

Steven

Sound Spirits

Hi Steven,

It's 1.5-inch dairy. Have J.J. from Central Industrial Sales in Pasco adapt it to 1.5" Tri-clover for you. 509.727.1518.

All the best,

Rusty

Steven, its either a DIN fitting or PCT (pacific coast thread) which look very similar, we could adapt it to female thread with Tri clover 1.5 2 or 3in.

Mike

www.tcw-web.com

bevel seat fittings.... http://www.rjsales.com/products/sanitary_fit/bevel/index.html

Regards,

Steven

Sound Spirits

Thanks for all of the replies. I finally found a reference to the original mfg (Schweizer) and called the company that bought them out.

This tank that I found was made in 1955 (an old girl!). The mfg said that it was probably an Acme thread.