Wanted Electric Bain marie Control Panel

Sudzie

I looking for a controller for our 65 gallon still bain marie still.  The one that we have been using (and loved) for 7 years finally bit the dust or should I say heated up and melted.  We use 3 / 4500 watt low density elements with 2" sanitary fittings.  This is on our gin still and we only use it a couple of times a month or when we have a test batch to try. 

What you need for the absolute best control of this type of resistance heating system is SCR type. There are many outfits that can build you a panel based on your wattage and voltage supply. You can not only gain a lot finer control over the heat, but also extend the life of your elements. This type of system needs adequate cooling generally and should be installed by a Master Level Electrician who understands the Technology well. This will insure that all facets of the build out are rugged, safe, and reliable for long term usage.

On 5/28/2020 at 4:44 PM, Sudzie said:

I looking for a controller for our 65 gallon still bain marie still.  The one that we have been using (and loved) for 7 years finally bit the dust or should I say heated up and melted.  We use 3 / 4500 watt low density elements with 2" sanitary fittings.  This is on our gin still and we only use it a couple of times a month or when we have a test batch to try. 

Do you need adjustable control on all 3 elements or just one element?  Lots of times an on/off switch can be used for elements only needed for warm up while the remaining element is used for the actual run once up to temp.  That can make your selection and box selection a lot cheaper.

For example on my gin still I use two 6500 watt elements on different breakers.  One is only used for warm up and the other is fully controlled during the run.