Mexican bottles?

Rum

I'm looking at bottles made in Mexico as an alternative to the Euro manufacturers. The quality isn't quite as impressive, but they are about half the price and can be ordered in smaller quantities.

Anyone have experience with Mexican glass? Any downsides other than not being quite as nice as the Euro bottles?

I'm looking at bottles made in Mexico as an alternative to the Euro manufacturers. The quality isn't quite as impressive, but they are about half the price and can be ordered in smaller quantities.

Anyone have experience with Mexican glass? Any downsides other than not being quite as nice as the Euro bottles?

We are looking at buying glass from Vitro Packaging. It is made in Mexico and yes the glass is not as clear and as flawless as say Saver Glass. But sometime next year they are going to be able to make a very clear Flint bottles. They are building a new plant is what I was told. Coop

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've used Vitro Glass for a number of sparkling (champagne method), draft and table ciders. Unfortunately, they've stopped production of most of the molds I use. Very friendly and helpful staff. Reasonable minimum order and shipping (was 3 pallet min about 4 years ago). I've gotten Vitro glass both direct and through a distributor.

The W106 punted champagne was much stronger than the Saint Gobain equivalent (evidenced by breakage rate during insertion of the champagne cork). The Flint I've gotten from Vitro was adequate for my purposes - but I'm not running white spirits (yet!)

• 2 years later...

As a glass decorator we work with Vitro as well, I agree with all the feedback already given, they are a good group to work with. We will supply any of their bottles with decoration included from our plant in New Jersey, any quantity. Call me if your interested in turnkey.

Dave Desai

201-569-1900 x.103