Newb student architect wannabe distiller

SCH:

Hi Im Schoboo, from Europe!

I'm an architecture student currently designing a distillery for my master thesis.

EVERYBODY:

Why did you choose distillery Schoboo you dumbass? You're a total newb and you know nothing about it.

SCH:

Well because I was always interested in distilling and my family has a long tradition of making a plum brandy (sljivovica, sliwovitz) for our own use.

Your reply should be "Why did you choose a house  XXXX you dumbass? You're a total newb and you have never built a house and know nothing about it."

Research + research + research ...............................

Welcome Schoboo!

I spent 20 years as an architect and 10 of that as a architecture professor before starting a distillery. I like to say that architecture led me to drinking. As PeteB said, RESEARCH! I knew nothing it about it before I jumped in three years ago. I think you will find that the folks on this forum can be very helpful! Just post your questions and see what happens.

Happy to help if I can.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:36 PM, PeteB said:

Your reply should be "Why did you choose a house  XXXX you dumbass? You're a total newb and you have never built a house and know nothing about it."

😄

On 10/22/2020 at 5:31 AM, sandytoes said:

Welcome Schoboo!

I spent 20 years as an architect and 10 of that as a architecture professor before starting a distillery. I like to say that architecture led me to drinking. As PeteB said, RESEARCH! I knew nothing it about it before I jumped in three years ago. I think you will find that the folks on this forum can be very helpful! Just post your questions and see what happens.

bold 1: wow, this is obviously something we all have in common! 😅

bold 2: i actually found out about this forum from random people that I asked question about distilling, and they said the same thing