Tuesday Morning Insurance Tidbit - Happy Thanksgiving

InsuranceMan

Happiest of Tuesday’s to you, dear reader,

First and foremost, HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOURS!!!  I know that in these ever ebbing and flowing times, sometimes it can be difficult to be thankful, especially in 2020!!!  Especially when states are trying to limit your freedoms of who you can have in your home for the holiday, or how many.  I TOTALLY get that, however, we must never despair, as there is always so much to be thankful for.  Here is a quick list of things that I am incredibly thankful for this year:

·         YOU!!!  I know it sounds cheesier that a 4 cheese pizza with parmesan on top, but it is true!  I have had a banner year for my business and so many of you have reached out to me and let me know that you wanted to work with me because of my postings here.  It just means so much to me, and I am truly thankful for all of you.  Whether you work with me or not, you are all very meaningful to me.  Thank you!!!

·         During the Nation Wide shut down I was fortunate enough to have left Sheridanopolis and my fortress of insurancetude and travel with my family the week prior to all of the craziness, to see my folks for spring break.  The Friday prior to us leaving to return home, the nation shut down.  In that, we end up living with my mom and dad for almost two months.  I had only seen them for a week here or there the last few years, and although things in the world were in turmoil, that is time that I never would have had with them, never could have planned for, and time spent with them of value that I would not have spent any other way.  We laughed, loved, and feared together.  They are getting a little older (mid 70’s), and I was fortunate enough to be able to assist them around their palatial wooded estate to get ready for the summer, eat, drink, walk, talk, and be with them for a period of time that was more valuable than an entire rickhouse full of 50 year old scotch.  Oh, and my mom gave me a Master Class in kicking my but at billiards.  SHE IS A SHARK!!!

·         I am thankful that in these weird times, that when so many of you switched to making sanitizer products to assist those scared and in need, that I was able to get several carriers to see how important your services were and be able to provide the insurance coverage you needed in order to assist in fighting the fight.  Many balked at first, but with your help, we were able to make them realize that this was important and we got it done.

·         This sounds super odd to some perhaps, but I am thankful to have gotten ‘da ‘Rona.  WHAT!?!?!  Yes, in a strange way … I mean, I did not necessarily WANT IT, but I am grateful that even though I contracted it, I beat it, made it through somewhat unscathed (stupid pneumonia, I am still coughing a bit), am healthy enough to have done so, and truly had the full 2020 experience.  Now I just need the t-shirt that say, “Been there, got that, never want to do it again!” 

·         For family, friends, my dog and cat, and truly for those on the frontlines during all of what 2020 has had to throw at us.  To all of you, and that does include many of you who stepped up and did what you could, thank you.

I know it is not a long list, trust me, I could go on and on, and you know that from reading my other posts!  I did not want to drone on, but I can tell you this, despite what has and is happening, it is up to us to choose and focus on the good, or the bad.  The choice is ours, and both take the same amount of effort.  There is always so much to be thankful for, sometimes we just need to find it, or change our perspective so that we can appreciate a struggle as beautiful, pain as a catalyst to becoming stronger, and value that which we enjoy and fuels us.  You, my friends, fuel me.  I get up every day and do what I do because you bring me joy, my work brings me joy, and communicating to you here … well, that is something I am eternally thankful for.  InsuranceMan 2.0!!! is truly blessed and you will all be with me at my table this year for Thanksgiving!!!  Until next time dearest readers …

Stay Vigilant,

Aaron Linden

a.k.a.  InsuranceMan 2.0!!!

(307) 752-5961

aaron@roaringforkins.com       or    insuranceman2.0@yahoo.com