Distillery Cats

What’s the deal? Legal? Illegal? Thought I saw a guidance about it a while back and now I can’t find it. Have had a cat living in a trailer mousing for us and it’s cold here in s c Wisconsin. Would love to get her some shots dewormed snipped and keeping us company full time but we run a pretty strict ship I can’t really present legal with anything against guidances 

A cat in dogs clothing, perhaps.

• 2 weeks later...

Distillery cats have had a long place in history.  I guess it all depends on how hard core your local officials are.  The person who comes and does my organic inspection every year is over joyed to see the cat.  Nothing more organic for pest control that a cat.   Now if you have the health department come in they will probably be pretty against the idea they usually deal with restaurants and food service placed where I can see how it would be an issue.  Now if you have Dep of Agg do your inspections as we do they are a lot more used to seeing animals.  Now its probably still not legal but they are definitely more forgiving in my experience anyway.   Worse case you make them a service animal as in "if I don't have this cat I want to kill my employees".   I day get one and see.  Forgiveness not permission in this case

4 hours ago, whiskeytango said:

Distillery cats have had a long place in history.  I guess it all depends on how hard core your local officials are.  The person who comes and does my organic inspection every year is over joyed to see the cat.  Nothing more organic for pest control that a cat.   Now if you have the health department come in they will probably be pretty against the idea they usually deal with restaurants and food service placed where I can see how it would be an issue.  Now if you have Dep of Agg do your inspections as we do they are a lot more used to seeing animals.  Now its probably still not legal but they are definitely more forgiving in my experience anyway.   Worse case you make them a service animal as in "if I don't have this cat I want to kill my employees".   I day get one and see.  Forgiveness not permission in this case

Yeahhhh. I’m not gonna ask for forgiveness from any of our governing bodies. Appreciate the feedback though