Weird Cloudy Streaks in Glass?

So some background, we have been using these bottles from the same supplier for 5 years with no problem and I have never seen this issue in my history of 10 years of distilled spirits production with any glass. We use compressed air to blow out bottles before fill and we are using a timed pump filler to fill. 

Hard to get a picture of it but it looks like condensate marks or stretch marks in the glass itself. I dumped it and tried wiping away the residue on the outside and inside and it doesn't come up. In the same pallet of glass this issue only appeared in the 100 proof tincture spirit we produce and the 80 proof vodka that went into the same bottles didn't have this issue. I am stumped honestly. Does anyone have any idea what this is?

PXL_20210705_131858301.jpg

PXL_20210705_131846261.jpg

PXL_20210705_132114361.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 7/5/2021 at 6:41 AM, McClintockDistilling said:

So some background, we have been using these bottles from the same supplier for 5 years with no problem and I have never seen this issue in my history of 10 years of distilled spirits production with any glass. We use compressed air to blow out bottles before fill and we are using a timed pump filler to fill. 

Hard to get a picture of it but it looks like condensate marks or stretch marks in the glass itself. I dumped it and tried wiping away the residue on the outside and inside and it doesn't come up. In the same pallet of glass this issue only appeared in the 100 proof tincture spirit we produce and the 80 proof vodka that went into the same bottles didn't have this issue. I am stumped honestly. Does anyone have any idea what this is?

PXL_20210705_131858301.jpg

PXL_20210705_131846261.jpg

PXL_20210705_132114361.jpg

Good morning,

Have you ever find the cause of these marks on your bottles?  I'm wondering if it is some oil residue on some of your bottles?

Sincerely

• 1 month later...

Hello Sir, I checked with our Engineer who has more than 20 years in this glass making. He told me that it might be caused by the air compressor,   the glass bottle shaping need to be air blowed. But the blowed air are full of dirty water and oil residue which come from air compressor and the operators didn't notice it. As you know,  the water and oil is not clean and full of substance. You cannot see it after the high temperature. But you can see it after filled with liquor because the invisible substance is chemically reaction with Acholoh.  It is not the whole bottle has this problem, it might be  a few of of them are water or oil mixture polluted. You cannot wash it away thoroughly, it only happens after you fill liqour. The white mark is probably the inculstation scale with oil mixture Hopefully my reply will be helpful. 

Thanks

Paul