Shipping Containers for Storage within a Footprint of a warehouse

54 minutes ago, Kindred Spirits said:

Sorry to hear that your AHJ isn't open to accepting the newer code right away. 

Hopefully they accept the new codes soon and you can make the changes you want.

I think you are misunderstanding.  Each State has it own codes based on a version of IBC.  My local AHJ cannot override those codes nor can others without ignoring the law in his State.  The problem with your logic is if they were to override and something happened based on a code violation, the lawsuit would be flying everywhere.

40 minutes ago, Thatch said:

I think you are misunderstanding.  Each State has it own codes based on a version of IBC.  My local AHJ cannot override those codes nor can others without ignoring the law in his State.  The problem with your logic is if they were to override and something happened based on a code violation, the lawsuit would be flying everywhere.

I know each state has their own codes, I might have been misunderstood. I was saying that hopefully they update your state's code to reflect the new code soon.

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2021 at 10:44 AM, Kindred Spirits said:

Sorry to hear that your AHJ isn't open to accepting the newer code right away. 

Hopefully they accept the new codes soon and you can make the changes you want.

We are F-1/S-1.  We are newer construction with proper ventilation and sprinkled.    I approached our AHJ's about an increase beyond our 240 gallon MAQ.  We are now allowed almost 900 gallons as a phase one based on the new code.