"Burch" a blend of Scotch and Bourbon

Has anyone heard of this?  We are being asked to do some blending, bottling and labeling but I cannot find anything on this type of spirit.  I couldn't find anything that was close in CLASS AND TYPE DESIGNATIONS.  Any information would be helpful.

There is also a whisky called Virginia Highland that blended US whiskey (malt?) and Scotch. The Scotch association went after them claiming the Highland portion of their name was geographically misleading. 

Since Scotch has to be bottled in Scotland you may have to be creative with how you describe the spirit. And in terms of class/type it might just end up as just whisky, blended whisky or whisky specialty. 

• Thumbs up 2

2 hours ago, EZdrinking said:

There is also a whisky called Virginia Highland that blended US whiskey (malt?) and Scotch. The Scotch association went after them claiming the Highland portion of their name was geographically misleading. 

Since Scotch has to be bottled in Scotland you may have to be creative with how you describe the spirit. And in terms of class/type it might just end up as just whisky, blended whisky or whisky specialty. 

I'm curious, do you know what the outcome of the dispute was? I noticed they're still using that name on an entire product line.

22 minutes ago, Hamilton1980 said:

I'm curious, do you know what the outcome of the dispute was? I noticed they're still using that name on an entire product line.

The product line is now called VHW and once they sell out / run out of labels they have to drop 'Highlands' from each product. 

https://www.thespiritsbusiness.com/2019/08/virginia-distillery-drops-highland-after-swa-lawsuit/

• Thumbs up 1