Parallel twin thumpers!

RumBumm

IM still very new to this but in the process of taking the passion past the hobbyist aspect.

i want to produce a full flavored rum in a pretty traditional way. i was looking to build a still where there are two thumpers coming off the pot still in parallel. 

has anyone ever tried this and what were your results?

7 hours ago, RumBumm said:

IM still very new to this but in the process of taking the passion past the hobbyist aspect.

i want to produce a full flavored rum in a pretty traditional way. i was looking to build a still where there are two thumpers coming off the pot still in parallel. 

has anyone ever tried this and what were your results?

The traditional way to make rums is to have the thumpers in series.

Were you thinking is to put different things in each thumper and then combine in the condenser? Or run two condensers?

We run a double retort system and won Double Gold at the SF world spirits competition for our rum. You have to learn how to use it but I don't believe there is a better distilling method to make a flavorful rum. We make a 50% molasses and 50% cane sugar wash. Fermented with a yeast blend. Rum beer in the first retort and finished rum in the second. The spirit is made in a Single-Pass Distillation cut into 5 gal Korney kegs 2-4 gal each. We use about 30 with a 55 gal drum collecting hearts when we know we are in there. 

distillery3.jpeg