Jump to content

How does California classify hard seltzer type products and canned cocktails for state tax purposes?


Recommended Posts

On 1/19/2022 at 9:04 PM, daveflintstone said:

Seriously?  No one producing or selling in CA going to chime in with an answer?  wowza


If it has distilled spirits in it, it is taxed as distilled spirits on a wine gallon basis. That is what we were advised by CDTFA. So, exactly the same as your Vodka. It's a total rip...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...