Advice for moving a distillery

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2022 at 1:44 PM, FACCIABRUTTOSPIRITS said:

Hey all,

I am moving my distillery in the next few months and need advice on how best to do it, if the moving company needs to have bonded trucks or special insurance to move alcohol, barrels, etc, and if anyone has experience doing this. Thanks!

How far? Diff state? Changing company and lisences sat all? 

Hi @FACCIABRUTTOSPIRITS Ive helped a few distilleries relocate and deal with the many challenges that come with doing it safely and legally. Id be happy to share my experience and a bit of wisdom with you. If you have time shoot me and email and lets chat. Distillerynow@gmail.com

CaptnKB just helped with our move. Super easy & we recommend him.

For wood barrels you don't need anything special for moving as they are not considered hazardous (weirdly). Plastic/metal barrels/totes are. You'll need someone that is able to handle that type of load. It's pretty common for a carrier to have the ability to transport them. They do not need to be bonded.

Glad to see you're doing well. I've been following you on Reddit/Amaro. I haven't had a chance to try your amari. Next time we visit family on Long Island I'll get some.

• 5 months later...
On 9/12/2022 at 10:31 PM, GBDistillers said:

@captnKB I will be emailing you soon, I'm planning to move my distillery 6 miles from my existing location. I'm purchasing a larger location but I want to use my existing location for storage.

If you're moving within ~10 miles you won't need a second DSP. You can maintain only 1 DSP with both locations. No need to set up TIBs. It's weird quirk in the rules. 

• Thumbs up 1