forced carbonation issues

Hello all:

we are having issues carbonating our seltzer. the first test on water went well. When we stepped it up to seltzer it won't carbonate I am stumped as to why it is not working

set pressure is 25psi, temp in cooler is 36*F flow rate into solution is at 1 cfm. (the lowest i can go) the psi seems to equalize at 20 psi and there is good pressure when attempting to take a sample.

hope this is enough info if not I can add more.

workpress

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

I'd be afraid to use a flow meter on on keg. If you have a week or two, and you're only doing a keg at a time, you can do it without a carb stone (there's a carbstone in the T right?). Just pressurize the keg, roll it back and forth for 2 minutes, then let it sit hooked up to CO2. Do it once more in a week, or let it sit for 2, and it should be good. 

Yes there is a carbstone in the T at the bottom. 

So It can take a week or so? In my mind I figured it would be fast like our bright tank 2-3 days, I will wander by it and shake the keg around for two min, and let it do its thing for a week or so. 

Question: is there a chart that deals with the time involved in carbonation?

thank you for that suggestion,

workpress

You only need to shake if you don't have a carb stone, to give more surface area to absorb the CO2, and it might simplify things for you. With a carbstone, if it is not carbonated enough yet, id turn off the CO2, very slowly release pressure from the top so it doesn't pull out any carbonation, then close it up, and turn the CO2 back on, to slowly build up pressure again. Then repeat till it's where you want it. You might want a PRV on top too though if you are going to use a flow meter/carb stone method. 

Well it is carbonated nice however it seems when i take a sample from the hose i put on the outlet it must have done something with the carbonation in solution.

when I put it in kegs and then into our bar taps it poured great with nice bubbles.... it is a steep learning clif ;)

thank you

workpress