Liquid Solid Separation

AK2

What are some of you doing to remove the solids from your spent grain.? The grain does not need to be super dry (currently I can squeeze water out of the solids with my fist, I think moisture level was 82% last time I had it tested), I just need to get the solids out so that I can discharge to the city.  

My current liquid solid separator eats screens about every two to three weeks.  The manufacturer stated that at most I could expect a month before screen's needed to be replaced.  I did not know that when I purchased the unit, I guess shame on me for not asking.  

I am really hoping some of you out there are using something that costs less to maintain.

Thank you,

Adam

AK2 - I think I can help direct you here toward some better solutions check my profile if you’d like to talk.

We don't have the luxury of real farms so we need to dewater. We use a CP-6 from Vincent Corp https://vincentcorp.com/ it works quite well. The dewatered grain is then picked up by the town for a rescue farm but we do have to pay to dispose of the water at a compost facility currently. Looking into an evaporator to eliminate that next.