Marketing in a three tiered state

Currently looking for a lawyer in GA (3 tier) to try to get us final info on this but hoping people here had some answers to get us starting in the right direction

If at our own tasting room.

1. When we pull a bottle from bond - What price do we pay (Our price to distributor? Distributor price to restaurant/retail? Retail price to consumer?)
  2. When we sell a cocktail with alcohol - What tax do we pay (Calculated based on the cocktail price i'd assume?)
  3. If we are setting up a tasting at a package store - Do we have to hire a third party? Can we do tastings ourselves? Do the bottles for the tastings come from bottles we buy from the package store?
  4. If we are just showing the product to a bar / restaurant / venue owner - Do we buy it from retail and use that for the test pours?

Thank y'all for all your amazing information here. I'm happy we joined ADI to help support a great community like this!

• 2 weeks later...

@Minhwa Spirits The first place I would start with would be the state ABC and/or the DoR, or whoever handles the state excise/sales taxes.  They should have the information about the rules you need to play by and the taxes you must pay.  And the information is free, although it can sometimes be very hard to find someone who can answer your questions.  If you do find answers, be sure to ask them to send you an email with the information so you can keep it for reference and keep their contact information, because a good/knowledgeable contact is very hard to find.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 5:53 PM, JNorris said:

@Minhwa Spirits The first place I would start with would be the state ABC and/or the DoR, or whoever handles the state excise/sales taxes.  They should have the information about the rules you need to play by and the taxes you must pay.  And the information is free, although it can sometimes be very hard to find someone who can answer your questions.  If you do find answers, be sure to ask them to send you an email with the information so you can keep it for reference and keep their contact information, because a good/knowledgeable contact is very hard to find.

I think you can learn most of what you need on your own but it's usually worth it to at least pay for 1 hour of consulting time from the right person. I say research first, ask for help afterwards.