WANTED: Steam Driven 2000 gallon or larger Mash Tun.

WMD Tom

We currently don't have enough capacity with our 800 gallon mash tun.   Looking for steam driven with crash cooling capabilities and a good agitation system that can handle a high ratio of grain to water.

Tom

Uncertain at the moment, but we may be looking to get out of our 3000 gallon mash tank next year. Direct steam injected, jacketed, insulated, grist hydrator, side entry agitator, CIP spray balls. Currently cooking 130 bushels of wheated bourbon.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2022 at 3:42 PM, Stumpy's said:

Uncertain at the moment, but we may be looking to get out of our 3000 gallon mash tank next year. Direct steam injected, jacketed, insulated, grist hydrator, side entry agitator, CIP spray balls. Currently cooking 130 bushels of wheated bourbon.

Keep us in mind.  We don''t have any experience with the Direct Steam injected cookers.. so that would be a bit of a learning curve for us.

8 hours ago, WMD Tom said:

That is easy. That is what we (the community here) is for. Stump is the man he makes great whiskey and I’ve never met him but I knows he’s my friend. If for some reason he won’t tell you how to adjust your current process for it, I will, and I know my boy Tom L will chirp in, and our boys in Indy will have something to say I’m sure too and….

like I said we all got you!

• 1 month later...