International samples to a perspective distributor

LucasPerks

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can assist me. At the moment, I have a potential distributor in the UK (with business in the EU as well) who would like to start listing my product for sale over there. While the pallet shipping international seems a breeze I can't seem to crack just sending this guy a case of whiskey to start sampling a preselling over there. Looking at the forms from DHL and FedEx it seems I need a gosh darn bulletproof container which is triple sealed and blessed by a Tibetan wise-man. Has anyone shipped whiskey internationally, and if so what do I need to ship these darn bottles in?

I recently sent a case shipment to Puerto Rico. Not even a foreign country, but many Fed Ed forms had to be filled out. I had to fill in all kinds of information where I had no idea regarding what was correct. The shipment did make it through, so try googling all the crazy terms, or call Fed Ex.

If all else fails, try contacting a freight broker that ships internationally. While they might not deal with case sized shipments, they may be able to assist in figuring out the documentation.

As for the container itself, I would suggest at minimum a styrofoam padded box; you can buy them from various sites. If you want extra protection, put that box inside a larger box with padding on all sides in between the two boxes.

• 3 weeks later...