Speakeasy Co

B-rad

• B-rad changed the title to Speakeasy Co
  • 3 months later...

I wonder the same thing.  I have spoken to a few other platforms and they all say the same thing:  YOU have to drive the sales and awareness, they are merely a shipper.  I asked if they had followers or people who regularly purchase so I could tap into that market (Drizzly is one), but the answer is usually "Not really".  So if we as distilleries have to still do most of the marketing, why do we need the Speakeasy's of the world?

I looked into them and other online sellers, and the answer, like everything, is it depends. Running our numbers, we needed to sell close to 100 bottles per month through them just to make up the monthly fees, and that's assuming I can sell that many bottles without investing a dollar or minute of my time. Maybe that can happen, but with the struggles we've had to sell through our regular channels, I don't buy it.

I think online sales through a platform like this can work, but they require a pretty serious time and cash investment to make them work.

• Thumbs up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread and have just spoke to them last week. And in the end they said the fee is like a processing fee to be with them, but if we paid $3,000 and went for their inside marketing after 6 months we would start to see a ROI. Didn't feel right and so we will pass, but believe on-line is a growing market. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2023 at 8:20 AM, EchoJoe said:

I looked into them and other online sellers, and the answer, like everything, is it depends. Running our numbers, we needed to sell close to 100 bottles per month through them just to make up the monthly fees, and that's assuming I can sell that many bottles without investing a dollar or minute of my time. Maybe that can happen, but with the struggles we've had to sell through our regular channels, I don't buy it.

I think online sales through a platform like this can work, but they require a pretty serious time and cash investment to make them work.

Would you care to talk about that? What's worked and what hasn't? I know that all states are different.

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone! 

This is Mayer from Tipxy.com which has a similar solution to Speakeasy as well as a platform + marketing options. 

Many suppliers do great on our platform and many struggle depending on several variables.

For example, if you give distillery tours & get a lot of tourist traffic, you'll do well. 

Aside from the obvious (good product), if you don't have 1 or more of the following:

1. Unique story
  2. Unique product
  3. Fair amount of tourist traffic

our platform will probably not do well for you. 

Happy to answer any questions you may have about eCommerce. 

Thanks!

On 8/31/2023 at 2:24 PM, TIPXY said:

Hey everyone! 

This is Mayer from Tipxy.com which has a similar solution to Speakeasy as well as a platform + marketing options. 

Many suppliers do great on our platform and many struggle depending on several variables.

For example, if you give distillery tours & get a lot of tourist traffic, you'll do well. 

Aside from the obvious (good product), if you don't have 1 or more of the following:

1. Unique story
  2. Unique product
  3. Fair amount of tourist traffic

our platform will probably not do well for you. 

Happy to answer any questions you may have about eCommerce. 

Thanks!

How many states can you ship to? 

On 9/1/2023 at 5:10 PM, Naked Spirits Distillery said:

How many states can you ship to? 

It depends on where the product is stocked as we have several retail partners.

For most of our partners we ship to 47 continental states. We don't ship to UT, MA & MI