Bottle filling equipment, small scale

PeteB

Any suggestions as to where I can buy a spirit bottler for doing small runs, probably 100 at a session, not thousands of bottles.

To suit 500mL and 750 mL bottles, cork stopper types. Would need to be shipped to Australia.

Thanks

PeteB

Any suggestions as to where I can buy a spirit bottler for doing small runs, probably 100 at a session, not thousands of bottles.

To suit 500mL and 750 mL bottles, cork stopper types. Would need to be shipped to Australia.

Thanks

PeteB

Hi Pete,

We have a two head piston filler available that will do the job very well.

It is made by Apackaging in Indiana - the unit is 5 years old and in excellent condition

I Wasn't able to upload photo's - send me an email zachlawi@gmail.com and I will send you the photo's

We can ship to Australia No Problem

$3,800.00 FOB US

Marty

For run sizes of 100 bottles or less, you may need just an Enolmatic, the Enolmaster's baby brother. We have both Enol sizes, and an old xpressfill. The Enolmaster and xpressfill are both more rugged and fill faster, but for small runs the time savings from multiple heads and faster pumping is really not much until you have several people helping. At $350 a pop for Enolmatics, you can (and should) buy two so you have a spare. We reach for the little Enol for our small runs.

As Brian pointed out, you can get glass for the Enolmaster, but not for the Enolmatic (I think). The plastic catch tank and filter housing on the Enols are only good up to something like 115 proof, which may influence your decision.

Pete,

We manufacture a 2 head semi-automatic pressure overflow filler that we commonly sell for this type of application. Machine starts at about $6k. This is a heavy duty machine on a S.S. base and includes a beverage grade pump and very easy to use controls with job memory. Here's a link:

http://www.accutekpackaging.com/products.php?model=SAPOF-Series

Please contact me if you would like more detailed information. Accutek equipment is manufactured in the U.S. and we regularly ship to Australia.

Keep in mind when filling glass containers, you would typically use a fill to level style machine such as an overflow or vacuum style filler. Glass containers are typically NOT the same actual volume on the inside due to variatino in thickness of the glass, ect.. Fill to level machines fill to a physical or visual fill level based on the position of the nozzle in the container. This fill theory will allow you to have the same "visual" fill level despite the actual volume in the container. A volumetric filler (like the piston filler mentioned above) fill a specific volume. You will see a variation in the visual fill level of the container will using a volumetric filler. This may not be what you or your customers are looking for when looking at the containers on the shelf.

Thanks for the suggestions. The Enolmatic is in my price range at this stage.

Hopefully I will need a $6K one in a couple of years, but for now I want to keep capital investment to a minimum.

Any more options in the $400 range, or criticisms about Enolmatic will be appreciated.

We have used the Enolmatic w/filter unit for several years and have had no problems. We usually do 100 bottle runs.

check out their website. www.stpats.com. Good luck. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

To comply with Fed Regs we need to bottle same volume in each bottle correct?

You'll have to look into federal and state weights and measures rules but the majority of the industry uses overflow or fill to level type fillers. You will need to look at your containers and do some testing to find out what the target volume is based on several containers to find an acceptable fill level. Some containers will have a bit more volume and some a bit less. Weights and measures allows for an acceptable window.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the suggestions. Bought myself a slightly used Enolmatic on Ebay. Forgot you have 110V in USA and had to buy a $20 transformer as well!

Happy with it so far. Getting quicker with practice. Bottle fill level good enough.