GRAS list of Botanicals for Distillers?

Where would I find a Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) list of Botanicals for Distillers?

I am thinking about formulas for gin, liqueurs, bitters, vermouth, etc. and want to make sure I am using safe and approved by FAD and TTB botanicals.

Thanks

JMF

gstone posted a link for a question i had earlier this year it is in the fed/gov part of the forum under( which herbal ingredients arent allowed.) if i knew more about computers i would have put the link in this reply.

CRC Press also publishes some books on plants used as flavorings. I can't seem to find my links this morning, but I'll have to hunt some more.

JA Duke's Handbook of Phytochemical Constituents of GRAS Herbs and Other Economic Plants: Herbal Reference Library can be useful. Available from Amazon.

The Council of Europe has published a study on 600 flavorings used in the EU. Available here.

The Food Chemical Codex is also published by US Pharmacopeia here.

Just because something isn't listed in GRAS doesn't necessarily mean you can't get approval for using it as a flavoring. You just have to do more research to demonstrate it's safety in the amounts used.