Bulk Molasses Suppliers

mendodistilling

Molassesman, Mike here, we offer Caribbean molasses, not necessarily Barbados just Caribbean source. We also offer light color distillers molasses and a distillers grade blackstrap. Some folks want the romance of the caribbean, some are looking for reducing sugars. Additionally we have Blue Agave Nectar. mike@maltproducts.com

I'm looking for a specific style of product, black strap isn't what I'm looking for, its too far into the processing, too low sugar, I'm interested in a nice clean high sugar w/ pleasant flavor, the "fancy molasses" or "barbados" are grades from my understanding, like black strap, only from A-D, Black strap would be C grade. The first round is Fancy, the 4th the sulfured black strap, so I'm looking for phillipines or barbados origin and first run products. I'm curious what peoples feedback would be on these grades, seems like lots of people are using Blackstrap, I know desert diamond makes a nice set of rums that seem to score well with the rum crowd w/ it so I wanted to test some of the different grades w/ relatively similar recipe and see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...

Generally, cane molasses is either the by-product of a sugar mill in the manufacture of raw sugar or it can be the end product when no raw sugar is made and molasses of very high quality is the objective. The cane juice is boiled and thereby concentrated. This high concentration liquid is cjm (cane juice molasses). If the boiling continues, the liquid can be crystalized and the result is raw sugar. The raw sugar crystals are removed from the pot to dry and the remaining liquid (1st boil molasses) can be re-boiled to remove more raw sugar. This is repeated until the remaining liquid (blackstrap molasses) becomes uneconomical to continue the raw sugar extraction process. At each stage, the resultant molasses has less natural sugar and more ash content.

• 3 years later...