Permit changes- how long is it taking these days?

Sent in changes to our fed permit 4 months ago. Now I need to make more changes but still don't have the last set approved and returned. Anyone else done a permit change lately? How long did it take? I have called 3 different people and left a message at the general number, no one has gotten back to me yet.

Last time this happened- that was a 5 month span, I called our congressman who promptly contacted the TTB on our behalf. Changes were approved and the permit returned to us the next day.

We took a bit over 2 months for the original, and even that delay was due to the application being lost track of, so just a telephone call was needed to resolve things and get it back on track. The key is finding out the specific individual that has been assigned to it, I think. You didn't say, but are you using the electronic submittal?

oh no, we're in the process of preparing for a permit change, and I've been mentally figuring an amendment will be quicker to process than our "fresh" application. Seems like over the past 2 years, the fresh application process (for new distillers with no prior history) has been reduced from 6-9 months down to mere weeks. Any news on the new app front? Is the entire system bogged down, or are they giving less priority to current distillers?

Also, kind of discouraging to hear that a call from an elected offical will expedite the process...not surprising, just discouraging...

-Scott

I would love to call whoever has our permit- the TTB used to assign a representative to a distillery, we had one from the day we were issued our first permit. I learned from a TTB rep at the ADI conference that this is no longer the case and that it can land on anyones desk.