Blog ADI internship at MSU

Hey all my name is Rick Schneider and I am the 2012 ADI intern. I am going to Michigan State University as the first person to participate in their new two month artisan distilling internship. Kris Berglund who taught two day workshops in conjunction with Carl Stills developed this program to give those of us in the artisan distilling field a better education than a typical two day or one week class. This blog will serve as a way for all ADI members to follow how this course develops and what is involved. For those of you who wish to get acquainted more with Kris and what he teaches you can download his free book Artisan Distilling: a Guide for Artisan Distilleries at Distilling.com/PDF/artisan.pdf. Many of you may already have this. The internship runs from June 1 to July 31 and I will do my best to keep up a daily post of what was learned and explored as well as a week synopsis. My hope is many of you will see this as the one of the best options for improving your education and understanding of Distilling.

I hope you enjoy it!

Shoot me as many questions as you like about the class as it progresses and I will try and answer them as we go.

Sincerely,

Rick

You can follow the blog at www.rickdiculousdistiller.blogspot.com

Link works if you drop the www, for some reason right now the router or server won't open the ADI main site as www.distillery.com, but as distillery.com so someone maintaining the ADI web site needs to make a correction or modification at the server, I suspect.

Thanks guys,

I edited the link in the body of my post. As for having MSU update there website I will talk to Kris as soon as I get up there in a few weeks. I am moving soon so I am packing my house as well. The longer classes may not be listed because Kris is giving this all a go with me. So I don't know its complete future.

Rick

• 3 weeks later...