microshiner.com

We recently, as many of you have, recieved an email from a blogger C. Williamson, Microshiner. Soliciting Ad revenue. I know we all recieve these many times over. What is curiouse to me is that all current reference on this blog is copied off ADI, google map, Distillers Magazine, etc., Does AdI care? Does ADI benefit financially from this, I hope?

If ADI has influence on this, I really do not want to be referenced as a "MicroShiner". There is another thread on that subject. We all spend too much on license and Compliance to be known as Shiners. I guess that is what really is bothering me. And of course I agree we all know it is my choice to be or not to be involved with this, that really is not my question.

Agree with not wanting to be assoicated as a "microshiner".

Personally, I'd wait until this "blog" develops a little to see if there is any real steam behind it or not...by the looks of the first attempt, coupled with the lack of any original content and the dependence on the free Blogger CMS, my guess is the excitment behind this site is quickly evaporating. Could be wrong, but i doubt i am...

Anyone curious why www.microshiner.com and microshiner.com (without the www.) point to different locations on the web?? The site without the "www." points to a godaddy.com park page. I've worked with websites since coding HTML in notepad and have never noticed this with any other site...is there a simple explination for this? or is it a sign that it's a scam to begin with?

-Scott

Scott, I think it's a screwy setting in their domain forwarding or the server itself.

Since they don't actually have any content at this point it wouldn't really be a concern to ADI as it just links to the ADI sites (no, ADI is not getting any revenue from that site). If material were taken and reposted then we'd have another story.

Agree on the term Microshiners or even moonshiner for that matter. While there are many who have built that connection into their business plan for some folksy marketing reason, most of us have not. Not to mention we pay taxes which means we really don't fit the true definition anyway.

I would suggest that if you get a solicitation from them to advertise you explain that in your response.

Guy

Anyone curious why www.microshiner.com and microshiner.com (without the www.) point to different locations on the web?? The site without the "www." points to a godaddy.com park page. I've worked with websites since coding HTML in notepad and have never noticed this with any other site...is there a simple explination for this? or is it a sign that it's a scam to begin with?

-Scott

I have several IT clients with that problem because of their hosting service. It's due to how the person hosting the site has their DNS forwarding entries listed. And it does cause problems as you can see when you don't put in the www. Not to many people put that in these days so it looks like the site is down to many who try and visit. I wouldn't put a nickel into advertising on a domain that's run like that, and it is fixable.