Holstein Stills

coop

Hey does any one know if Baverian Holstein is still in business?? I have sent several e mail's to the web site and also to Andrea@potstills.com, there e mail addres but in over two week have gotten no response. Coop

I would hope so. Hell Carl and Vendome are so backed up you would think Holstein and Kothe would be catching the fall out.

Kothe is also backed up, so my suspicion is that they all are, and that is why response is slow.

Something appears wrong with the contact form on the site. I filled it out twice with no response. I then emailed them directly and got a response right away claiming they hadn't received anything previously.

The contact Kristian listed above is the same I have, but Lewis Harsanyi had responded to me from this email:

bavarian@ca.rr.com

I tried multiple times requesting a quote for a new still from Bavarian-Holstein, without any luck. That included multiple emails and talking to them (in Culver City) on the phone, where they reassured me they'd get me a quote. I am still waiting, many months later. I figured that if even if they did get back to me, it's probably not the place I'd want to deal with in actually ordering a system or getting customer service in the future. I went with someone else.

All the other still manufacturers at least responded to my inquiries and provided quotes on prices and timeframes. I was only looking for a small system however, so perhaps they would have been quicker to respond if I was inquiring about $500K worth of equipment. But I don't plan to find out, even if business does well and I need to scale up to $500K worth of equipment, they won't be one of the places I call.

Another interesting thing to note, with all the manufacturers, is how high their prices are going up. I've been researching this venture for several years, so I've got old price quotes to compare to. The new prices are sometimes double what they used to be on some systems. And I can do the math, and tell you it's not the copper prices. But I guess that's not really a complaint, as I can't blame them for taking advantage of the supply and demand. I'd do the same.

• 1 month later...

I bought a still from them last year and was not very happy with the customer service. The stuff they make is absolutely beautiful, however. The alternate email I have for Lewis is:

lh@potstills.com

Good luck. I decided to go custom with Artisan Still Designs so I sold my Holstein. Still probably 45 days from having it shipped to me, but Steve Cage is a fantastic guy to work with and he is always responsive. Good luck.

Help is already here for American made stills at good price and sensible lead times. It's called Vendome. Last year I bought a still from them (our second still but first from them) that was a bargain compared to everywhere else I checked. It was completely custom and the turn around was about 8-9 weeks. Plus they return my emails, without fail, in a timely fashion...and I have all of their guys' cell numbers. I don't know what more "help" you need than that.

What size conical FV's are you looking for? I just got a load of 120 gallon full drain FV's and am pretty happy with them. Shipping wasn't cheap though. Send me a message if you want the contact info for the folks I purchased mine from.

Now why wouldn't you just put the supplier info in your post instead of asking for a private message? That way everyone who's interested, including people searching this forum 2 years from now, will have the information. I really wish people would just come right out and say what they mean without all the beating around the bush.