Hello from Teeling Whiskey Company (Dublin)

Hi

My name is Alex. I am part of the Teeling Whiskey Company in Dublin Ireland. We are a new distillery that is reviving the rich history and tradition of Dublin Whiskey. The Teeling Whiskey Company was set up as a result of the sale of Cooley Distilling to Jim Beam in January. At the moment we are small group of Cooley Castaways. But the world is our oyster and we are happy to be a part of the ADI. As a recovering Oregon craft brewer I am happy to join your small but growing group!

Thanks

Alex

Hello Alex,

Wow, that didn't take you long to get back in the saddle. How exciting that you're starting a new adventure! Please keep us informed about the small distillery movement in Ireland (which you've been on the forefront of for 5 years now, right?), and specifically how the Teeling Whiskey Company is doing.

So, where did the name "Teeling" come from?

I can't wait to trade visits to each other's distilleries, when we're both finally open for business.. :-)

Jason

Jack Teeling was the managing director at Cooley before it was sold.

Nice to see you here, Mr. Chasko..... if you ever want to finish the project we started a couple of years ago, let me know.

Cheers,

Todd Leopold

Leopold Bros. Distillery

distiller@leopoldbros.com

Hello Alex, welcome to this forum.

How many distilleries are there in Ireland now? Are there any small legal "craft " distilleries? A quick Google search mentions only the big 3.

Hi Jason and Todd, Great to hear from you. Back in the saddle is right! Lord loves a working man... From what I can see online it looks like work is treating you guys very well.

Todd is correct that Teeling comes from the family name. But there is also a long history of the Teeling's distilling in Dublin. We have found records of Walter Teeling distilling on Marrowbone lane in 1782! So I guess they are the boss but they do have some history.

Hey Pete. At the moment there are IDL, Bushmills, and Cooley. But Dingle just took delivery of their stills and there are more people talking about setting up shop. I would think that there will be a minimum of 6 more in the next few years.

It is great to be on the ADI form. Bill has been a great resource for me and I am happy to join the group. I can't wait to welcome you all with a glass of Teeling Whiskey.

Thanks,

Alex

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...