Need 700ml STOCK Bottles? Our Catalogue Attached!

Josh Heintz

DD, I do thank you for expanding my narrow view! I have been responding in that critical manner several times as a result of a friend who did purchase an off size bottle and got stuck with them. Though, I found an alternative use to use them. I now apologize for those negative posts.

Cheers,

Bob

Ah, makes sense, BB. I've also seen foreign plants try and stuff 750 ml into 700 ml bottles. Result? Corks popping in thousands of bottles due to a lack of headspace to ameliorate temperature and pressure changes.

It's good of you to point this stuff out to the new guys.

Guys,

This is a great point. One thing to remember, most all US, Mexico & European glass companies put the volume number on the side or bottom of the bottle. You will see either a 750ml or 75cl.

BB in regards to your friend who had 700ml bottles passed off as 750ml, that is terrible. There are a few factors that impact corks popping. The main one is head space. With a spirit over 40 proof you need to have 3% head space to account for the amount the higher alcohol will expand in temperature change.

All “Spirits” bottles should have this and our molds do. Wine however only needs a 1% head space. I have run into this issue when someone took a wine bottle and put vodka in it. There are also different internal dimensions for a wine cork opening and a T-cork opening.

All in all if you have questions like this one to discuss call me anytime.

Cheers!

Josh

414-426-5184