Howdy all

Hi, my name is Sage, I'm a commercial refrigeration technician near Troy, NY. I've been an ADI member for a year and a half now. I've read almost every thread on the forum but I've only made three insignificant posts so far including this one. Any way, I've wanted to start my own distillery in upstate new york for about 8 years now. In that time I've aquired a lot of knowlege and a lot of equipment. I've visited many of the "big guys" in Kentucky as well as several "litle guys" in New York and West Verginia. I've taken distilling classes at the Cornell Agricultural Experiment Station in Geneva with the guys from Christian Carl. I've been folowing the craft distilling movement for almost 8 years and watched many wonderfull distilleries startup and grow into kick-ass businesses. It's all been very fun, very inspiring, and extremely frustrating. When I was first bitten by this "bug" to start my own distillery, the only other one anywhere near me was Ralph at Tuthilltown. He was just starting up building out his facility. Now I can name at least a dozen DSP's in upstate NY off the top of my head. Someday my dream will come to fruition, slowly but surely. In the mean time I'm going to be a more active member on the forum and try to share whatever knowlege I can.

Hope to get to know everyone a little better.

Hey, it won't be long and you'll be warming up the snowblower again!

I lived in Hamburg, NY, a stones throw from Rich Stadium and called on everything from industrial to wholesalers from Pittsburgh to Utica for Dunham-Bush before they got out of the refrig business.

My brother lives North of Binghamton and travels often to see a fishing buddy near Syracuse ( He's a retired teacher now) and has said how many more small wineries are still sprouting up on the Finger Lakes, so I think the same will be true for distilleries.

I know the US sales person from Carl and always wanted to meet those folks, but haven't gotten the chance thus far.

Good luck and much success!

• 2 weeks later...