Raff Distillerie First Product

Well today we successfully bottled our first product Absinthe. It's been a long road and I'm glad I finally have a product. Thank god that there is a Craft Spirits Carnival here in San Francisco this coming weekend at Fort Mason where there will be a retailer and we can actually sell on site.

Check us out raffdistillerie.com. Nothing special yet on the website we really need to get someone to build me a better one as I have no time for that creative touch right now.

Congratulations Absinthe Pete, from another Pete.

I would like to see some photo's of your finished setup. From reading many of your posts in the past I assume it is pretty smart.

I don't know much about Absinthe except that it if flavoured with wormwood and anise.

Is Absinthe aged at all, or is it straight off the still?

Thanks for all the thanks. Absinthe doesn't technically need to be aged, but there are some tricks they used over a century ago to help the mellowing process along.

Since I've got that show coming up at the end of the week I'm bottling a limited run of my gin as well. Bottling that today. I'll be posting some pics of the finished product when I get a moment today or tomorrow.

Congrats on your first bottled batch! Hope to be there too in five months time. Seeing you've mentioned this, feel like elaborating?

but there are some tricks they used over a century ago to help the mellowing process along.

New, uncharred oak casks? Lincoln County process? A certain herb or cone? Vortex treatment? An inquiring mind wishes to know...