UL Explosion-Proof Hot fluid heater

For any that may have the need for a hot fluid heat system that requires X-Proof code, I know of one that has UL code, making the problem of inspector not seeing the stamp and you having to make it "field done".

Not a common need, but if you are not buying everything from scratch, it helps to have an option.

It is an electric heat by a circulated glycol/water medium, available in a variety of KW heat sizes, usually 4 kw, 6 kw and 12 Kw are most common. Available in a heat only or heat/cool model with standard metal finished cabinetry, option for stainless steel.

The cooling option uses an internal heat exchanger to meter external source of cooling water or glycol/water necessary to achieve the desired set-point dailed in from the controller.

The control is achieved by a PID controller that is commonly used in many industrial processes such as mold temperature control.

It has a UL rating for a Class 1 Group D Div 1 or 2. Price depends on which type X-proof is required and various options.

The unit voltage is 460/3/60 or 230/3/60 as an upcharge.

Other classes of explosion-proof duty are available as well.

Regards,

Mike

As a side comment, I also have available the entire heating/cooling system set up for outdoor installation with a remote control on the temp set point. Good part here is that you wouldn't need the explosion proof.

Check with me on available voltages, depends on the size of the system.

Regards,

Mike

• 1 month later...

They can (and have) but you have more room to move the equipment outside of a wall and piping over to the process and be aware of where fumes can escape- especially when service work is done.

I worked on a project where the plant had an open overhead that fumes dissipated out from but exploded at their substation when an electrician was working on something at the sub. The substation was probably 35-40 yds away from the plant.

This was a large plant and a perfect storm of circumstances had to arise for this to happen.