Just finising a couple stills

Looks good! I agree things are picking up...lots of interest in refrigeration chillers due to increasing production, quicker cooling and water/utility savings. That and summer coming with warmer city water!

Right now I can get 2-4 week lead times on chillers, but that won't last too long.

If you have any installs near Atlanta, I'd love to see one up and running.

Mike

678-773-2794

MG- I got several stills north of Atlanta on the Georgia South Carolina border.

Bluestar - it will have to be raised up a couple feet for pumps and such, its fed at the bottom with steam and 2/3 way up mash is pumped in. Should be able to fit under a 18ft ceiling all set up.

Bluestar - it will have to be raised up a couple feet for pumps and such, its fed at the bottom with steam and 2/3 way up mash is pumped in. Should be able to fit under a 18ft ceiling all set up.

Hmmm. That would fit in our shop (rubbing chin thoughtfully). ;-)

variation on the same design

post-4809-0-39225500-1359411706_thumb.jp

ugh that watermark looks like mud

I love the helmet on this one! I'm partial to this style as I think it allows a better compression/expansion of the vapours off the wort. Have you ever tried building a still that is designed to be modular? Meaning that the distiller can try different style pots, helmets, columns, dephlegmators, angles of lyne arms, etc? Would that be something to look into as a perspective distiller? Any thoughts?

I love the helmet on this one! I'm partial to this style as I think it allows a better compression/expansion of the vapours off the wort. Have you ever tried building a still that is designed to be modular? Meaning that the distiller can try different style pots, helmets, columns, dephlegmators, angles of lyne arms, etc? Would that be something to look into as a perspective distiller? Any thoughts?

all our designs are modular, so ya it'd be a snap (maybe no a snap, but less than 1/2 hour) to swap out one head for another if you wanted to order it that way, then again we could always have it buit from the factory with a quick release flange (like a triclamp) instead of a bolt up flange for a quick swap.

that particular unit is at Dancing Pines, some folks had the opportunity to learn how to make rum on it Thursday, at one of the ADI events. it turned out so well, that I'm considering making that head our standard.

295533_484127498302994_1544088390_n.jpg

150 gallon direct heated electric/flame potstill.

of to Virginia to make Warhorn Whiskey

528563_491881454194265_620912609_n.jpg

I really like this setup out of them all for what I need to start off with. Basic, simple, volume, then as I grow could add 4 plate colum and then vodka colum. It would be nice to have the one from the conference but it is a budget buster.

Would you please post, email or PM price.

Thanks.

150 gallon potstill with steam jacket and agitator comes in at ~35 (depending on shipping, port cities are easier)

its part of our modular system so adding a column later is a snap

you can have it with the gooseneck or turnip head (same style as dancing pines still)

Do you have a cost on the whiskey unit off to Virginia and does it include an agitator? Also,can you add a steam jacket or coil, and, if so, at what cost?

this one is a one off unit, we typically avoid direct flame stills, but this was for a friend and early adopter who already had a process set up.

we already have a standard line if steam jacketed stills with agitators fitted, so we can help you out with that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What is the throughput rate of your continuous still? And at what percentage can you get out?

our prototype is still sitting in the crates, we havent been able to find the time to get it fired up yet.

but we should get 1.5-2 gpm mash throughput, and output at 95% without cuts, 80% with cuts.

of course this can all be adjusted, so it can be used as a stripping still for whiskey and put out to low wines.

its designed to handle fairly thick wash with grain in.